3/31/09

Faraway Places to release album in May

I have to, perhaps shamefully, admit that this is the first I've heard of Faraway Places -- a Los Angeles group that captures a soulful, vintage feel in their music. The group is releasing their second album, Out of the Rain, the Thunder & the Lightning on May 12 through Save It Records.

The release was apparently recorded over the course of a few years in Paris, which surprised me. The feel of the music doesn't exactly scream, "I'm in Paris, lalala." I guess another way to say that would be that Faraway Places captures a "sonic expansiveness that's sincere without taking itself too seriously," as their press release says. Whatever. Judge for yourself when Out of the Rain lands on May 12, or by checking out the free track below.

Faraway Places - "The Sun Goes West"

0 comments: